M1W Championship Match – 3 Way Elimination Match
Bobby Marshall (Champion) vs. “Red Tornado” James Morgan (Challenger) vs. Joey Ryan (Challenger)
– January 22nd: Joey Ryan made his M1W return and battled for the Championship against Bobby Marshall. Marshall retained the title after destroying Ryan’s knee and locked him in an STF and Ryan’s manager C. Edward Vanderpyle threw in the towel when Ryan refused to submit.
January 29th: James Morgan got his long awaited rematch to recapture the M1W Championship against Bobby Marshall. Marshall retained when Morgan was caught with an illegal object that Marshall brought into the ring but Morgan was able to wrestle away.
Both Ryan and Morgan contend that their losses were not legitimate and both want a rematch. With no love lost between Ryan and Morgan either, the M1W office and the NWA brass have come together and decided that the title will be decided on February 5th in a 3 Way Elimination Match.
Since arriving in America in November, Bobby Marshall has been unstoppable in the M1W ring, capturing the M1W Championship on December 18th and continuing to dominate week after week. Marshall has promised to take the M1W Championship back to Australia with him when he returns later this month. With chances to keep the M1W Championship in America running out, one would have to think that this is the best shot M1W, James Morgan and Joey Ryan have to make that happen.
M1W Tag Team Championship Match
The Natural Selection (Brian Cage & Shawn Rickers) (Champions) vs. Andrew Hellman & Sexy Sonny Sampson (Challengers)
– January 29th: Brian Cage & Shawn Rickers won in the finals of the 16 team tournament to become the first ever M1W Tag Team Champions. Although outlasting all 16 teams, Cage & Rickers made a statement saying “We beat 4 teams in the tournament but we could have beaten all 16, so any of the other teams that want to step up, we will take you down as well.” The first team to step up was the unlikely duo of Andrew Hellman & Sexy Sonny Sampson who found success as partners as they reached the quarterfinals in the tournament.
Scorpio Sky vs. Willie Mack
– A match with M1W Championship implications. You would have to think that the winner in this match would be in line for a future M1W title match. Even if they have to travel to Australia to get it!
The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin) vs. The RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)
– Both teams found success in the M1W Tag Team Championship Tournament and now both look to get that momentum back into the tag team title picture.
Kyle Webb vs. Ryan Taylor
– Kyle Webb is seemingly getting more and more frustrated as each week goes by. His opponent this week will be the cool, calm and collected NWA Pro/EWF Champion Ryan Taylor. If Kyle Webb wants to be successful here, he needs to find a way to keep his emotions in check.
Dan Moore vs. “Pretty” Peter Avalon
– Since his arrival from Perth Australia and beginning his training under the guide of M1W trainers Joey Ryan & Johnny Goodtime, as well as special guest trainers like Brian Kendrick & Paul London, Dan Moore has seriously upped his game. He has even come close to beating Kendrick himself in an M1W ring. You know who doesn’t care about any of that? Peter Avalon!
NWA Pro/Mach One Wrestling’s weekly “Friday Fight Night” comes to you live from the American Sports Center at 1500 S. Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92805. Bell time 8:05PM, doors open at 7:30. Tickets are $6 for adults, $3 for students w/ ID and children 12 and under.
*Card subject to change