For the Week of December 9th, 2013
1. Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson-Let’s talk about the most important aspect of the Indy Power Rankings…win-loss record: 12-2 as a team. “The Sun Tan Biker Man” and “The Machine Gun” represented BULLET CLUB as they ran over all the competition over the last 3 weeks at New Japan Pro Wrestling. By virtue of that dominance, they won the World Tag League 2013. Could the IWGP Tag Team Titles be next? Check out their body of work the last 3 weeks:
11/23 Win vs. BUSHI & Kota Ibushi
11/24 Win vs. CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka & Toru Yano)
11/25 Win vs. BUSHI & KUSHIDA
11/26 Win vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)
11/28 Win vs. Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer, Shelton Benjamin, & TAKA Michinoku) in an 8 Man Tag
11/29 Loss vs. La Sombra & Tetsuya Naito
11/30 Win vs. Captain New Japan & Togi Makabe
12/1 Win vs. Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) & TenKoji
(Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) in an 8 Man Tag
12/3 Win vs. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
12/5 Loss vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin)
12/6 Win vs. BUSHI, Captain New Japan, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & KUSHIDA in an 8
12/7 Win vs. Jax Dane & Rob Conway
12/8 Win vs. Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)
12/8 Win vs. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
2. Adam Cole-The PWG & ROH World Champion did what he always does
over the weekend… and that’s winning. He travelled to Culver City, CA for Wrestling Cares where he defeated Steve Anthony in the Semi-Finals of the Race For the Ring Tournament. He now has two dates with destiny in the future as Johnny Gargano is waiting in the wings in January in the Finals. In the mean
time, he’ll have to fend off Michael Elgin/Jay Briscoe at ROH Final Battle 2013 and Chris Hero (followed by Johnny Gargano, if successful) at PWG All
Star Weekend. No rest for the wicked.
3. The Hooligans-No team has been as consistent or successful throughout 2013 as the Cutter Brothers. Devin and Mason Cutter have been on a path of
destruction in recent months. This weekend they went 3-0 as they ran roughshod over St. Louis Anarchy (vs. The Big Owl & Jordan Lacey), Zero-1 USA (vs. Team IOU), and Beyond Wrestling (vs. Team IOU). The Bearded Bullies promised an undefeated weekend and lived up to their promise.
4. Tony Nese-3 wins. 1 night. Nese defeated Brian Kendrick, Trent Barreta, and former #1 in the Indy Power Rankings John Morrison in the FWE Openweight
Grand Prix to win the Tournament. After losing a Loser Leaves Town match last week at NYWC to Big O, he has really gotten the momentum back with a successful outing. Can he climb to his highest ranking before the end of 2013? Time will tell.
5. Rich Swann & Roderick Strong-Either man could have been ranked in singles this weekend due to their success over the last few weeks, but this week, it’s their new found dominance as a tag team that gets them in. With a title win over
The Bravado Brothers at FIP and a follow-up title defense the next night vs. 2 Former #1’s in Caleb Konley & Andrew Everett, this makeshift tag team is really
finding its legs in the state of Florida. Look out for them to continue to rise, either as a team, or in singles. Great hot streak for both men.
6.. Reed Bentley-It’s a familiar spot in the top 10 for “Cut Throat” or “By God” as he became the NEW DWW Alternative Champion with a victory vs. Marshe Rockett on 12/7. This came on the heels of one of his biggest victories to date, after he defeated Jimmy Jacobs in a First Blood Match at IWA Mid-South on 12/6. He’s also the EPW Elite Champion…a title which he will defend vs. Mad
Man Pondo on 12/12. Can Bentley continue this success?
7. Drake Younger-“The Ultra Violent Golden Boy” earns his highest ranking in quite some time as he was victorious over former #1 in the Indy Power Rankings, Christian Rose, at IWA Mid-South on 12/6. He then flew back to the West Coast for Wrestling Cares where he defeated DJ Hyde in a “Zero Tolerance Match” to continue to show that Drake Younger is anything but “just a garbage wrestler.” 2013 has been his year to shine.
8. JT Dunn-What can you say about “The Juice” other than he is just flat out impressive? After winning the Beyond Tournament for Tomorrow 2, he suffered a loss that set him back a bit, but he bounced back strong with 2 victories over the weekend as he defeated Davey Cash of Da Hoodz at RWA on 11/6 and then followed that up with a successful NEFW Title Defense vs. Mike Bennett on 11/7.
Perhaps no one has seen a quicker rise in 2013 than this young star.
9. Matt Tremont-The Bulldozer did what he has done throughout most of 2013 when he’s had the opportunity…he won. 2 weeks ago he was the #1 in the Indy Power Rankings. A week off and a heavy slate of competition this week cost him a few spots in the top 10, but he has not been forgotten by the voters. A victory over Corporal Robinson & Ox Harley in a 3 Way Weapons Match at IWA Mid-South was just further proof of what he can do. CZW’s Cage of Death on
12/14 will further showcase this monster. Will we see him in the
top 10 again when it’s all said and done?
10. Aaron Williams-Another week and another victory for the Rockstar Pro Champion as he defeated Nate Wings on 12/4. While it’s true that he does fall
a bit from last week and the week before, the horrible snow storms in
the Midwest are most likely to blame. His scheduled match vs. Benjamin Kimera was moved to 12/13, so time will tell if he can improve upon his placement in the top 10 after this weekend.
Major Names Ineligible this week due to inactivity:
(as a team), reDRagon
(as a team), Bobby Fish
Just missing out/Others receiving votes:
Juice Jennings-The WAR Champion added the RWA Pro Tag Titles to his collection on 12/7
David Starr-2-0 weekend at FIP for “The Product” Mark Shurman & Scotty Slade-2-0 weekend for “The Best Friends”
Cedric Alexander-NEW WrestleForce Champion
Earl Cooter-2-0 weekend at FIP
Kyle O’Reilly-HUGE victory vs. Johnny Gargano at St. Louis Anarchy
Tapu-2-0 weekend at IWE Maine
Justin Credible-2-1 at IWE Maine
Scott Wild-2-0 at IWE Maine
Chris Castro-Defeated former #1 in the Indy Power Rankings
Ricochet on 12/7 at DWW
Young Bucks-Victory in a 10 Man Elimination Tag Team Match at FWE
Colt Cabana-Defeated Eric Young at FWE
Drew Gulak-Victorious over Mark Angelosetti at WIC on 12/8
Dos Ben Dejos-2-0 weekend at FIP
Pinkie Sanchez-2-0 weekend at FIP
Ricky Mandel-Winner of the Percy Pringle III Memorial Cup at CWF Hollywood on 12/8
Jack Thriller-2-0 Weekend with a victory vs. Necro Butcher at IWA Mid-South
Mikey Webb-Winner of the LPW Heavyweight Title Lucky Lottery Battle Royal
Chris Hero-A win vs. Trik Davis, a loss vs. Prince Mustafa Ali, a win vs. Aaron Epic (now 4-4)
Helter Skelter-STILL the DWW Tag Team Champions
Chris Wylde-NEW ECWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion
Mark Quinn-NEW NEFW No Limits Champion
The Mobile Homers (Adam Revolver & Ted McNaler)-NEW OVW Southern Tag Team Champions
Jamin Olivencia-NEW OVW Heavyweight Champion (again)
Follow the “Indy Power Rankings” at @IndyPowerRankin on Twitter Like our Facebook page at Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings New Rankings released every Tuesday! Corrections to this write up? Email us at IndyPowerRankings@gmail.com and let us know!
Only wrestlers who did not wrestle for the WWE or TNA during the voting period are qualified. This means that OVW wrestlers who are contracted to TNA are eligible, providing that they did not wrestle for TNA during the voting period. NXT wrestlers are not eligible for this list. Any wrestler who does NOT wrestle during the week are not eligible for that week’s list. This is a list of wrestlers who primarily compete in the U.S. or they can qualify by going on an extended tour of the U.S. (i.e. if Jushin ‘Thunder Liger goes 3-0 on American soil).