1. Michael Elgin-Another great weekend for “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin lands him at #1 for the 4th time! That’s second best all time (behind Gargano & Steen with 5). With a weekend record of 2-0-1, the former AAW Heavyweight Champion reaches the top of the Indy Power Rankings once again. First, he went to a draw with Mark Briscoe on 11/15 at ROH. He then defeated Matt Taven, Roderick Strong, and Jay Lethal in a 4 Way at ROH on 11/16. Finally, at Beyond Wrestling on 11/17, he beat Jaka in a match that featured tons of insanity…including the ring breaking! With a ROH World Title shot at Final Battle 2013 coming up, can Elgin end 2013 at the top of
the Indy Power Rankings? He has a chance to both tie and break the record, but he only has 6 weeks left to do it..
2. Matt Tremont-The IWA Deep South Carnage Cup 9 Winner comes inches away from number one this week. 3 wins over the span of 2 nights in the most gruesome matches imaginable get Tremont a lot of love from the voters this week. With his recent wins in CZW and OnPoint Wrestling as well, look out for “The Bulldozer” to continue this dominance in 2014. This is his highest ranking to date.
3. Bravado Brothers (Lance & Harlem Bravado)-The NEW DGUSA Open the United Gate Champions shoot to the #3 spot after defeating last week’s #1 The Young Bucks for the titles. Not willing to rest on their laurels, they beat Jigsaw & Fire Ant and Caleb Konley & Andrew Everett the following night. The Bravado Bandwagon has hit its highest ranking yet!
4. The Food Fighters (Bastian Snow & Pasquale The Italian Chef)-The winners of the ISW Burger King of the Ring 2: Double Whopper Tournament and NEW ISW Tag Team Champions make their very first appearance in the Indy Power Rankings with a 3-0 night on 11/16. With victories over Jaka & Leon St. Giovanni,The Badd Boys (Brad Badd & Chad Badd), and Le Tabarnak de Team in the tournament, they made a big push for the #1 spot this week!
5. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)-Last week’s #1 drops a bit after losing the DGUSA Open the United Gate Titles to the Bravado Brothers, but
they redeemed themselves with a win the next night vs. AR Fox & Masaaki
Mochizuki at DGUSA. On top of that, on 11/15, they won a one night tournament to win the HOG Tag Team Titles by defeating Marq Quinn & Sniley, Mikey Whipwreck, & The Amazing Red, and Homicide & Hernandez. With a weekend record of 4-1, they could have easily been back at the #1 spot this week if not for all of the tough competition. They are truly the Ultimo Dragon of the tag team world.
6. JT Dunn-“The Juice” jumps back into the Indy Power Rankings by winning the Beyond Wrestling Tournament for Tomorrow 2. He started the weekend off in disappointing fashion with a loss to Kimber Lee, but turned it all around with wins in the tournament vs. Candice LeRae, Christina Von Eerie, Kimber Lee, and Green Ant. Look out for JT Dunn to be next year’s breakout star in 2014!
7. Adam Cole-Why such a low ranking for the ROH and PWG World Champion? A few weeks off due to a concussion kept him inactive, so was it “out of sight, out of mind” for the Double Champion? Regardless of the reasoning, he picked up where he left off this weekend with wins vs. Jimmy Jacobs and ACH at ROH. While he’s not in usual spot in the top 3, it’s almost a lock that he’ll return to AT LEAST the top 5 before 2013…if he can hold on to his titles, that is.
8. Green Ant-So close yet so far away. Had Green Ant been able to defeat JT Dunn in the finals of the Beyond Wrestling Tournament for Tomorrow 2, it’s conceivable that he’d be the #1 this week! As it stands, he moves up one spot from last week as he racked up victories vs. Aaron, Epic, Darius Carter and Matthew Palmer to go 3-1 on the weekend (4-1 if you count the forfeit) at Beyond. This highly technical ant is only getting better as 2014 approaches.
9. reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly)-Another weekend ends with another successful title defense for the ROH World Tag Team Champions. On 11/16 they succeeded in breaking up the team of Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman by turning away their challenge once again. Their only losses in straight up tag team competition are to Forever Hooligans and American Wolves. The only thing that keeps them from a higher ranking this week is
their inactivity as a team since 10/26. No doubt that they’re planning to work their way up to their first #1 spot as a team before the end of 2013.
10. Jay Briscoe- Certainly not the highest ranking for the former ROH World Champion, but that happens when he missed 4+ months of action and then another 2 weeks between ROH shows. He has his chance to prove all the doubters wrong at ROH Final Battle 2013 by becoming a 2 time ROH World Champion, but in the mean time, he did knock off Silas Young at ROH on 11/15 to continue his singles winning streak. Consider this, yes he took 4+ months off due to injury, but he has not lost in singles competition since a loss to Charlie Haas on 5/19/12. THAT long.
Major Names Ineligible this week due to inactivity:
Matt Cage, Shane Hollister, Christian Rose, Isys Ephex, Global Green Gangsters, Daywalkers (as a team)
Just missing out/Others receiving votes:
Biff Busick: 1-1 weekend with a victory in an Iron Man match vs. Eddie Edwards at Beyond Wrestling
Aaron Williams: 2-0 weekend for the NEW Rockstar Pro Champion
Eddie Edwards: 3-3 and the Robbie Ellis Super Juniors Tournament
Uhaa Nation: 3-2, Last Week’s #4
Jamin Olivencia: 2-0, OVW Champion
Chris Hero: 1-1 on his return to the Indies
Starman: 1-0 with a win vs. Dan Maff
Chrisjen Hayme: Winner of Lucha 6 Man at IWA Deep South’s Carnage
Outlaw Inc. (Homicide and Eddie Kingston): Undefeated in ROH as a
team, 1-0 with a win over the American Wolves
Anthony Nese: 2-1 weekend
Matt Taven: 2-1 weekend
Johnny Gargano: 1-1 weekend with a win vs. Chris Hero
AR Fox: 2-1 weekend
Reed Bentley: 1-0 with a EPW Elite Title Win
Sugar Dunkerton: Winner of the Pro Wrestling
Ego Great Southern 8 Tournament
Brian Cage: 1-0 with a successful defense of the FSP Title vs. Jeff Cobb
Pinkie Sanchez: 1-0 with a successful defense of the ISW King of Crazy Title
Lince Dorado: 2-0 with a SCW Florida Title win
Kimber Lee: 4-1 with the only victory over JT Dunn this weekend
Christina Von Eerie: 3-1 weekend
Homicide: 3-1, Three tag wins, two different partners
Follow the “Indy Power Rankings” at @IndyPowerRankin on Twitter Like our Facebook page at Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings New Rankings released every Tuesday! Corrections to this write up? Email us at IndyPowerRankings@gmail.com and let us know!
Only wrestlers who did not wrestle for the WWE or TNA during the voting period are qualified. This means that OVW wrestlers who are contracted to TNA are eligible, providing that they did not wrestle for TNA during the voting period. NXT wrestlers are not eligible for this list. Any wrestler who does NOT wrestle during the week are not eligible for that week’s list. This is a list of wrestlers who primarily compete in the U.S. or they can qualify by going on an extended tour of the U.S. (i.e. if Jushin ‘Thunder Liger goes 3-0 on American soil).
With all that being said, please sit back and enjoy this week’s rankings and if you have any questions/comments, please feel free to tweet us @IndyPowerRankin, visit our Facebook page at Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings, or email us at IndyPowerRankings@Gmail.com. Thanks!