1. The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)-How much more dominant can a tag team be? Yes, they struggled last week (in mostly 6 man tags) but this week they bounced back with HISTORIC wins at New Japan in the biggest way possible. First, on November 6th, they won the Super Junior Tag Tournament by knocking off World Class Tag Team (Gedo & Jado) and The Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) in one night. As if that wasn’t enough, on November 9th, they defeated Suzki-gun (Taichi & TAKA Michinoku) to become the NEW IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. This is their second time at the #1 spot in the Indy Power Rankings.
2. Michael Elgin-After a solid week last week and a #1 ranking the week before, “Unbreakable” needed something big to happen going into this week to move up. That happened in the form of The Gr8 Eight Tournament at Hard-Knocks Wrestling on November 10th. In one night he was able to win a 4 way over Rickey Shane Page, Shane Taylor, and Mike Rayne to advance to the finals, where he defeated EC3 to become the 2013 Gr8 Eight Champion. Who said Elgin couldn’t win tournaments? Ok, we hinted at that. We’ll take the blame.
3. Benjamin Kimera-Another week and yet another victory for the Rockstar Pro Champion. Does he lose? Yes, but not very often, and definitely not in singles matches. This week at “Amped” on November 6th, he defeated Pompano Joe to continue his impressive string of wins.
4. Uhaa Nation-No matter the continent, the big man is dominant. While most of his success has been in Japan this year, this week, he took his show to a different country to show off what he could do. His first victory came at IPW: UK on November 9th as he knocked off Jonathan Windsor. He then went to Kamikaze Pro where he bested Eddie Dennis. “Rise of Uhaa”? Indeed.
5. Biff Busick/Frank O’Rourke-Don’t call him “Francis”…or you may end up like his opponents this week. At Wrestling is Art on 11/9 he went up against The Estonian Thunderfrog and came out victorious. The next day at Wrestling is Art’s last show (?) he defeated Antonio “The Promise” Thomas. Busick is looking to score his first ever #1 in the Indy Power Rankings before the end of 2013!
6. Jervis Cottonbelly-The resident gentleman of Wrestling Is, scored a couple of surprising wins this weekend at Wrestling is Art. He knocked off Kodama on 11/9 and then Tim Donst on 11/10. That makes 3 straight wins for Jervis! Can he continue this winning streak?
7. Jeckles the Jester-What a fantastic week for Jeckles! At the APW show on November 8th (R.I.P. Roland Alexander) he was able to win the APW Internet Title in a 4 Way also involving former #2 Drake Younger, Billy Blade, and the defending champion, Vinny Massaro. Then, on November 10th, at Pro Wrestling Bushido, he won another 4 Way to cap off the week. He has been building momentum over the last few months, but this is his first ranking. Congrats to him!
8. Drew Gulak-The CZW World Champion and former #1 in the Indy Power Rankings returns with an undefeated weekend at Wrestling is Art. Granted, he went to a Time Limit Draw with Colt Cabana on 11/10, but his victory over Kobald on 11/9 was a big one. Look out for him to start making waves as he attempts to move back up to the #1 ranking in the very near future.
9. Green Ant-Looks like the 3 straight for (arguably) the most technically sound of all the ants! This week he went 2-0 at Wrestling is Art as he defeated Sidney Bakabella in singles competition on 11/9 and then followed that up with a tag team victory (with assailant) vs. The Devastation Corporation on 11/10. He’s certainly no stranger to the Indy Power Rankings at this point!
10. Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith, Jr & Lance Archer)-Why are the new IWGP Tag Team Champions not higher on the list? It was a bitter sweet weekend for the Killer Elite Squad as they won the IWGP Tag Team Titles and lost the NWA Tag Team Titles to Rob Conway & Jax Dane (also involving Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) in essentially the same match. Regardless of that, they get a much deserved ranking as they are now 2 time IWGP Tag Team Champions.
Major Names Ineligible this week due to inactivity:
Isys Ephex, reDRagon (as a team), Eddie Kingston, Global Green Gangsters, Adam Cole, Jay Briscoe, Johnny Gargano, Kahagas, Daywalkers (as a team)
Just missing out/Others receiving votes:
Only wrestlers who did not wrestle for the WWE or TNA during the voting period are qualified. This means that OVW wrestlers who are contracted to TNA are eligible, providing that they did not wrestle for TNA during the voting period. NXT wrestlers are not eligible for this list. Any wrestler who does NOT wrestle during the week are not eligible for that week’s list. This is a list of wrestlers who primarily compete in the U.S. or they can qualify by going on an extended tour of the U.S. (i.e. if Jushin ‘Thunder Liger goes 3-0 on American soil).
With all that being said, please sit back and enjoy this week’s rankings and if you have any questions/comments, please feel free to tweet us @IndyPowerRankin, visit our Facebook page at Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings, or email us at IndyPowerRankings@Gmail.com. Thanks!